Lectro SRB Vs WISY MTP40 Updated Test

soundrolling

Hi Matt,

Good video. I never had a chance to see the first iteration of this test, and I can't seem to find it on your YouTube channel either.

While this video gives me a pretty good idea on how both units behave, and it seems as though Lectrosonics is able to better handle range in non-direct-line-of-sight situations, I was disappointed to see that there was no test for range with both units in direct-line-of-sight from transmitter to receiver. I think that would be as important to test for as well.

Cheers,
José

Wow. That's a test I could have done with watching BEFORE I bought 4 channels of Wisycom....... ho hum. Cheers for doing it though.

Out of interest, was the squelch set the same on both units? If you leave the MCR42 on the default 12dB squelch setting Wisycoms have a not so good range. Set 'em to 3 or 6dB and they become much better. Would love to see a test with the Wisy squelch on 3dB!!?

Chris

Edited by chrisyking

• 2 months later...

On 28 septembre 2015 12:30:23, chrisyking said:

Wow. That's a test I could have done with watching BEFORE I bought 4 channels of Wisycom....... ho hum. Cheers for doing it though.

Out of interest, was the squelch set the same on both units? If you leave the MCR42 on the default 12dB squelch setting Wisycoms have a not so good range. Set 'em to 3 or 6dB and they become much better. Would love to see a test with the Wisy squelch on 3dB!!?

Chris

If you have the last firmware on your  Wisy receiver, scan to choose your frequency, then use the "auto squelch" function. Most of the time it gives me 6dB.

The SrB squech is an automatic squelch.

In my comparison tests, The SrB and the Wisy got similar range (a little better with Wisy). 

• 1 month later...

I tried setting my Wisy to 3dB squelch and it gave a very good range. Couldn't see the face of the person it was on. Especially if you have 100mW switched on (on US units) . I'd love to see this test done again with Wisy on 3dB squelch. Or even with squelch switched off. Anyone have both units?