Listen Tech LR-400 vs Comtek PR-216

millar

Sorry to kindof necro the thread...but I've got similar questions to others already here.  I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Comtek BST 75-216 (the base station transmitter that is small enough for a bag).  For the director etc I'll have Comtek receivers, but to make this more economical I'd like to use the cheaper ListenTechs for the plebs.  Does anyone else have a similar setup with the ListenTech 4200s (those usb charging ones)?  What has been your experience with compatibility with that Comtek BST, and are you happy with your system?  

Thanks!  (from a longtime lurker)

I have a handfull of the 216-400 Listen tech units....  They work and sound OK...  Advertised as LIFETIME WARRANTY....but, they have now changed that... after so many people bought into the warranty..  oh well..

Units are pretty good, a bit more bulky,  buy one off ebay used and check it out... small investment to do so...  

I do not use mine as "A" units, but keep for who knows what... Teleprompter etc...

Use mine with the Comtek BST 25/216 ...

3 hours ago, afewmoreyears said:

I have a handfull of the 216-400 Listen tech units....  They work and sound OK...  Advertised as LIFETIME WARRANTY....but, they have now changed that... after so many people bought into the warranty..  oh well..

Units are pretty good, a bit more bulky,  buy one off ebay used and check it out... small investment to do so...  

I do not use mine as "A" units, but keep for who knows what... Teleprompter etc...

Use mine with the Comtek BST 25/216 ...

Thank you sir!  Having someone verify that they can work with the BST helps me quite a bit.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, Mattg said:

I know this is a bit off topic, but am wondering if anyone has been having luck using the ListenTech LR4200 Receivers and more specifically as budget double system camera hops?

One problem with the newer LR-4200 is the battery life. The specs say only 8 hours of use from a charge. They don’t have a replaceable battery so you would have to have a full second set to get through a day. They are designed for use in concert venues and broadcast applications where they are typically only used for 4-6 hours max. 

On 1/18/2019 at 1:20 PM, Mattg said:

I know this is a bit off topic, but am wondering if anyone has been having luck using the ListenTech LR4200 Receivers and more specifically as budget double system camera hops?

I bought a bunch of these as extra IFBs for my Comtek 216 system and tested them once. They’ve been sitting in my gear closet ever since.

I found them terribly noisy and unsuitable for “mildly critical” audio like camera hops or client IFBs. I might consider using them for PAs to take notes but that’s about it. 

Cheers,

Evan