millar

Listen Tech LR-400 vs Comtek PR-216

Sorry to kindof necro the thread...but I've got similar questions to others already here.  I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Comtek BST 75-216 (the base station transmitter that is small enough for a bag).  For the director etc I'll have Comtek receivers, but to make this more economical I'd like to use the cheaper ListenTechs for the plebs.  Does anyone else have a similar setup with the ListenTech 4200s (those usb charging ones)?  What has been your experience with compatibility with that Comtek BST, and are you happy with your system?  

Thanks!  (from a longtime lurker)

I have a handfull of the 216-400 Listen tech units....  They work and sound OK...  Advertised as LIFETIME WARRANTY....but, they have now changed that... after so many people bought into the warranty..  oh well..

Units are pretty good, a bit more bulky,  buy one off ebay used and check it out... small investment to do so...  

I do not use mine as "A" units, but keep for who knows what... Teleprompter etc...

Use mine with the Comtek BST 25/216 ...

3 hours ago, afewmoreyears said:

I have a handfull of the 216-400 Listen tech units....  They work and sound OK...  Advertised as LIFETIME WARRANTY....but, they have now changed that... after so many people bought into the warranty..  oh well..

Units are pretty good, a bit more bulky,  buy one off ebay used and check it out... small investment to do so...  

I do not use mine as "A" units, but keep for who knows what... Teleprompter etc...

Use mine with the Comtek BST 25/216 ...

Thank you sir!  Having someone verify that they can work with the BST helps me quite a bit.  

aginzo   

I have an LT 400 216 receiver for sale. I used to use them with Comtek. They are compatible. I still have one left for sale.