Photo retailer B & H faces unwanted exposure over worker safety.

Jim Gilchrist

The linked Aljazeera America article talks about unsafe working conditions at B & H's warehouses. In light of our industry's increased focus on safe working conditions the story offers several reasons for us to patronize our industry-specific suppliers. 

Best regards,

Jim

http://america.aljazeera.com/multimedia/2015/10/bh-workers-claim-discrimination-unsafe-standards1.html?utm_content=main&ut

When the Canon XL1 first came out they nearly scammed me, advertising prices that only included the body...period. But posting it with photos of the lens, filters, batts chargers, etc. When I read online that they boned other buyers, I called to cancel my order. The man said that he was throwing in the lens and the entire kit. When I asked why he hadnt told me when I ordered it, I swear to you, he said "I wanted to surprise you ".

That was the last purchase I ever made.

Everything that goes around comes around.

best

I ordered something small and they charged me $400.

When I called to find out they told me that I ordered an aluminum boom poll as well.

I told them that I never ordered a pole so they advised me to just send it back when I get it and they will return my money,

After I got the package I returned the pole and called for a refund.

They told me the item is non refundable.

I had to get my bank involved and in the end got my money.

Nobody should ever order from B&H!!!

When the Canon XL1 first came out they nearly scammed me, advertising prices that only included the body...period. But posting it with photos of the lens, filters, batts chargers, etc. When I read online that they boned other buyers, I called to cancel my order. The man said that he was throwing in the lens and the entire kit. When I asked why he hadnt told me when I ordered it, I swear to you, he said "I wanted to surprise you ".

That was the last purchase I ever made.

Everything that goes around comes around.

best

Funny, I remember them advertising the XL1 like that back in the day. Late 90's, right? I rocked the XL1 for a few years. 

The late Manfred Klemme, a pioneer in our industry, founder of K-Tek, and a person who made this world a better place to be, at NAB one year was handing out K-Tek Suspenders (one of my favorite suspensions, by the way). He was lamenting that B&H was selling Suspenders knock offs. Manfred, of course, was the inventor and developer of this unique suspension.

Not only was B&H a K-Tek dealer, but they were, no doubt, well aware that legal action on K-Tek's part would not be at all cost-effective.

I've never viewed B&H the same way since.