New 8060 but wondering about grounding 'issues'

jozzafunk

The newest update of these mics all have a visible metal ring where the capsule joins the connector module, about 2mm of slightly darker smooth metal easily contrasting to the nextel finish of the rest of the mic body If you have that, you should be right. Prior to that, there were mics released with the original body but updated circuit board as well, so you may well be fine either way.

• 3 months later...

I purchased a used MKH 8060 on eBay. I emailed back and forth with Sennheiser. They would not tell me the serial # ranges for the recall. But I did send them my Serial # (Serial # 1143001862). All I was told was is that my serial number fell within the recall and to send the mic in.  Even though it was out of warranty they are replacing it. They didn't seem happy about it but they did do it...

I bought a new 8060 in sept and it didn't have the new "ring" I got a reply from sennheiser saying just because it didn't have a ring didn't mean it was a faulty mic and that the fault would show up immediately or within the first day or two..if you have been using it a week or two then it should be a good mic according to sennheiser..I also suspect all the recalls were modded and that is what the flux of demo deals are..Richard.

8 hours ago, chrisyking said:

I just spoke to Sennheiser and they said they would replace any 8060 which has this problem even if out of warranty. Seems pretty fair..

a good thing. I have 3 8060s,  and they have all been in for updating....

I just got my mic replacement back from Sennheiser. I'm happy. My replacement has the O-Ring. My faulty mic did not.

Someone asked for a picture of what the replacement looks like... The picture with white background is what my new replacement mic looks like. The other pic is what my faulty mic looked like.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg