K-102CCR fit diagonally in suitcase?

Jeremiah Sheets

My main pole is getting to be a hassle for travel so I'm looking at the K-102CCR. In fact I rarely go beyond 9' extended, so this could potentially become my primary pole.
I'm curious, since it is 2'3" (69cm) if it fits comfortably in a suitcase or Peli 1610 diagonally? How many here are traveling with this pole?

Thanks!

Soundtrane:

From personal experience I've found that not all listed dimensions on various cases are 100% accurate while others might be. I also know that that pole can have the connector portion dismantled if necessary and those dimensions are not listed. Additionally, some cases that I've seen have rounded corners on the interior, in which case "simple geometry" isn't going to be of much use. I don't know about the Pelican case. This is why I'm asking from people who have actually successfully or unsuccessfully done this. In any circumstance, your response isn't particularly helpful.

Jon:

That is something I should have specified. I meant standard carry-on sized Pelican, but I've all but passed on that idea. I'm thinking either the 1610 or maybe now the 1560. Thanks!

Rich:

Thats what I'm thinking about. For flying I wouldn't mind partially disassembling just that section, but nothing more. Don't want to spend more time than I need setting up after a flight. Thanks!

I would like to know if anyone has successfully done this. If not, what is the smallest Pelican or Portabrace that would fit this particular pole with or without the base removed. Thank you.

I'm on the road right now, so I can't personally check, but if memory serves me correctly, I believe you'd need to take off the CCR on the 102CCR for that pelican case. It's really easy to undo. Just unscrew the bottom collar that attaches the CCR to the pole and it'll come off. You can then unplug the cable from the CCR. 

If you don't need more than 7'5" at maximum extension then you might want to consider the 6 section K87CCR. It collapses pretty short. 

This is why it's good to ask:

The website comparison PDF has the 102CCR listed at 2'3", as do many sellers. A couple sellers list it at 2'7".

Karen assures me that this pole is 2'7" and will look into making corrections.

Good service, but a little bummed. Those were some good looking specs for a moment.

Back to the drawing board. I'd like something that extends out close to 9' and breaks down to around 2'.

Haven't looked much yet. Hoping that exists.

If you don't mind bottom exit instead of side exit, I think the KEG-100CC fits what you're looking for perfectly. It's just about 2' when fully collapsed and just under 9' when fully extended. 5 sections, internal coiled cable.

The K-Tek KEG-88CC may also be an option if you want something slightly smaller. It measures under 2' when fully collapsed, and a little under 8' when fully extended. 6 sections, internal coiled cable.

Thanks, Jose.

I'm now also looking at the Ambient QX565-CCM pole. It breaks down to 2.13' and extends out to 8.5', which should fit diagonally in the 1560M.
I'm talking with them to get exact measurements.

Alternatively, I might consider the iM2720. It is only slightly larger on the outside, but has more internal space. I do like the Mobility cases, though.