The Senator is ALIVE !!!

atheisticmystic

I was at Location Sound Corp today while Sound Devices was showing off the CL-12 and slinging free grub to all the big knobs. I was dashing back and forth between rentals and sales when I saw a familiar, too-accessorized boonie-hat...Senator Mike Michaels !!! It made me realize how much I miss his presence here on jeff e jeff's wexler jam. I was already very late, and the big knobs were deep in conversation so I missed my chance to say hello to the Senator and Jeff again, as well as my second opportunity to introduce myself in person to Crew (whose vanity-plated Ram ProMaster looks outright intimidating).

So hello again to the Senator ( miss you, Bossman), hello to Jeff, and sooner or later to Crew !

(I bought a 688 today and I'm having both euphoria AND heart-palpitations)

Best,

Steven

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I did get to have a little chat with Senator today at LSC, and my old friend Crew (who is working ALL the time, I never get to see him except on Facebook). Sorry I missed you, Steven, and if I had stuck around a little longer I might have run into others I don't get to see very often. 

Hey Steven, sorry I missed talking to you yesterday. It was fun seeing JW & even the Senator;~)  Very impressive display by SD at LSC. I'm sure you will get many great miles recording on the 688. As for my plates, my folks bought them for me back when I was in college and Ronnie Reagan was governor of Cali.....  That's how old I am.

CrewC

The Plates say Crew C.  Back when my folks got them for me in the early 70's they were called ecology plates and there was a 25 dollar surcharge that went to some ecological something in the state. I was horrified by them at 1st, but over the years I've grown fond of them as they have been on a 69 El Camino, 4 VW campers, 5 Suburbans, and now the ProMaster. I hope that answer your question Jack.

CrewC

IMG_0256.JPG

What a pity.  No doubt harassing the crap out of people at LSC.

Au contraire, Arnold.

The Senator is quite a sympathetic protagonist in person. Sharing time with him is quite pleasant. The first time I met him, he reminded me of the favorite "crazy" uncle we'd go fishing or shooting with; tons of wonderful and true stories, i.e. covering the Marcos' escape from the Phillipines...wonderful.

If youre sure youll not get the chance, Ill be happy to produce a "My Crafty with Senator" video for the right price...

...wait a minute...

For sure it will be your loss.

Plenty of loss already in knowing "Senator."  Waiting to find a way to return the favor.  Tall grass.

Steven, I'll take your word for it.  Your description is entirely different from my experiences with him, which have been terrible, and I'm not talking about his normal forum BS, which one easily ignore.  Unfortunately (for me), it went WAY beyond that.

Edited by Arnold F.

He has no website, none of his phone numbers work and he doesn't answer emails.

how do you know? You just can't find his website and none of the numbers You have are working. Or maybe he doesn't answer when you call or send him an email. Which is a surprise after you made it so clear how much you like him in that thread from last year (where you asked how to block him). Just let it go, Arnold. 

Thanks for your input, Constantin and soundtrane!  You didn't ask why he "doesn't like" me when he went out of his way and harassed every thread I posted in for literally months.  Let it go maybe?  Or not, I don't care.

Please go to Atlanta, "Senator!"

Edited by Arnold F.

I'll also go on record and say that Senator Mike is delightful and very pleasant in person, and you should try not to judge him based on his posts (which I know is very hard to do). In person, he's very giving of his time and knowledge (which is pretty vast), and always courteous. It definitely gives new light to reading his posts. I know he can get very repetitive when reading "RTFM" and the old <hat> online, but I bet if you met him in person, it would completely change your perspective on him.

Thanks for your input, Constantin and soundtrane!  You didn't ask why he "doesn't like" me when he went out of his way and harassed every thread I posted in for literally months.  Let it go maybe?  Or not, I don't care.

Please go to Atlanta, "Senator!"

well, he has kind of let go, at least where this forum is concerned. Kind of what this thread is about. What about you?