zaxcom ERX3 With OLED display

Shastapete

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes the ERX more robust which is nice.

Anyone know if the locking (3.5mm 1/8") socket on the ERX will work ok with a non-locking plug? On Sennheiser's G2 / G3's sometimes they could be fussy about this.

Most headphones 3.5mm 1/8" are non-locking and I think I'd probably prefer it this way for IFB in directors cans etc. - more chance of not causing damage if they separate easily?

But for scratch feeds of audio and TC to cameras locking is preferable.

So nice to have the choice.

I remember some " idiot" was making a fuzz about the lack of locking connector and modded all his erxs to have one.

What an asshole...

I guess public whining works... (:

Great upgrade. Awesome product.

Thank you Zaxcom.

P.S. Now I will use this opportunity to request a volume change with the erx arrow buttons in addition to the potentiometer knob.

Of the volumes of feature requests that users have submitted to Zaxcom it's impressive how many of those suggestions we now see on their products. 

I'm still awaiting a couple of my key desires but others have been implemented within hours -- sometimes even minutes.

One of the best things about Zaxcom. Howy is a saint...

Of the volumes of feature requests that users have submitted to Zaxcom it's impressive how many of those suggestions we now see on their products. 

I'm still awaiting a couple of my key desires but others have been implemented within hours -- sometimes even minutes.

Zaxcom just needs to figure out how to clone Howy.

How Told me he will possibly be inplementing 24bit 48 and 96k standalone recording on the 742.  

For my remote ambience recordings straight to the micro card.  

In stereo. 

I I know a bunch of sfx engineers waiting for this. 

Long live zaxcom.   

oh my, that would be amazing!

Zaxcom just needs to figure out how to clone Howy.

Agreed! Zaxcom should delay development of the Deva 32 and focus on the genetic cloning of Howy. If anyone can figure it out, Glenn can.  Although we may have to keep to first batch of Howy 2.0 in daddy's shed and feed them mustard and biscuits.

P.S. Now I will use this opportunity to request a volume change with the erx arrow buttons in addition to the potentiometer knob.

They might have to swap out the current analog potentiometer with a digital encoder first.

And while we're at it, let's add a TCXO generator that can keep reliable sync for extended periods outside range of Zaxnet. 

They might have to swap out the current analog potentiometer with a digital encoder first.

And while we're at it, let's add a TCXO generator that can keep reliable sync for extended periods outside range of Zaxnet. 

This has already been achieved via a new version of the firmware.  The unit's timing can be automatically tuned to coincide with a Nomad or with another time code source via an IFB100 or IFB200.  Here's a long and detailed thread about it, including some accuracy tests I ran:

http://jwsoundgroup.net/index.php?/topic/25015-zaxcom-erx-firmware-v20-adds-timecode-calibration/&do=findComment&comment=294292