RichardDevine

Best Batteries for the 788T?

Hi everyone, I am thinking of upgrading from my 744T/MixPre-D setup to a 788T. I hear the 788T is a bit more power hungry then my current setup. I am curious which batteries have held up the best. Thanks Richard

The internal battery capacity is quite limited due to its size and it will not run the 788 for more than a couple of hours unless you want a long thing sticking out from the back. You definitely do need an external and use the internal as emergency backup only.

I use the Deben Tracer battery 22Ah and if I am not running too many wires as well it can just about get through a 12 hour day.

Not fun to carry on your chest though so you can also get a couple of 10Ah ones to save your back. 

The biggest ones you can find because apparently Ohm's law dictates that the 788T must have an electric cooking element for frying eggs.....:)

The biggest ones you can find because apparently Ohm's law dictates that the 788T must have an electric cooking element for frying eggs.....:)

Yeah the 788 will eat through NP1's every few hours, specially if you have radios as well. I found that route to be very impractical. 

I use two Swit NP-L60 batteries at a time. One of them feeds 788 only, the other feeds 4x SRb, 2x LMa and a T4.

I can make it through most days with 4 NP1's, but If I'm running 7 wires, a boom, dual channel camera sends and IFB, 6 NP1's will easily get me through a 12-hour day.