Audio Root distro boxes

cmassey

I called and bought some directly  (+33(0) 950 911 805 ) , excellent friendly service. I speak French though but I'm sure they have English speaking staff.

When I called I got the feeling that it's a very small company. I wouldn't be surprised if the person taking phone orders is also the lead engineer. Kinda makes me like them a little more.

I got my BG-DU from Gotham. I have ordered some other stuff through their eBay store (little stuff like antennas and connectors). I think most of the dealers have them now, or are looking at carrying them, if you have a personal favorite store. If they are not in stock, it might take a while to get it. mine took a long time, but usually they are in stock. If you just need to have the order in by the end of the year, make sure your charge is on the right side of the calendar year. 

They don't make it clear on the website, but if you want the distro with all the eSmart data, I think you have to order it that way. it uses 2 pins on the input cable for eSmart data and the other 2 for power. Also, I think you can get a version made with BDS style locking DC plugs if you already have a ton of cables. I personally wanted to switch to Hirose, even though they cost a little more. 

What are the advantages of using these if you are not using the esmart batteries?

depending on which unit you are using you can put different pieces on different switches which can be nice for power management. Also the BG-DU has a calibration function where you can run each of your standard batteries through a calibration cycle and it will remember the telemetry of that battery and can recall it for an accurate estimate of run time.