QRX 100 RX B mutes audio when RX A got no signal

Matthias Richter

was using my QRX in dual mode and received two actors on two TRXs. When one actor was finished we switched that TRX off.

I still received the 2nd TRX on the QRX100 (showing RF signal and audio-signal) but no audio came through to my Nomad.

After tuning RX A to the same freq as B I had actor B now on both channels and also audio came through on both outputs.

Is this a known bug? Audio B gets muted when RX A gets no RF-signal?

hey matthias,

I had some kind of the same bug after I switched to the 8 aes channel chip. First I thought it would be a heat problem but I found out, that the aes sync broke.

After some really serious headahes I found out, that turning "sony f55" sync to "allways" fixed the issue for me. I hope this helps!!

Greets from the other side of Berlin :)

was using my QRX in dual mode and received two actors on two TRXs. When one actor was finished we switched that TRX off.

I still received the 2nd TRX on the QRX100 (showing RF signal and audio-signal) but no audio came through to my Nomad.

After tuning RX A to the same freq as B I had actor B now on both channels and also audio came through on both outputs.

Is this a known bug? Audio B gets muted when RX A gets no RF-signal?

Matthias,

I have had this happened on a qrx200. I had to send it back to the factory.

I msged you a how to check if the unit is working properly.

hey matthias,

I had some kind of the same bug after I switched to the 8 aes channel chip. First I thought it would be a heat problem but I found out, that the aes sync broke.

After some really serious headahes I found out, that turning "sony f55" sync to "allways" fixed the issue for me. I hope this helps!!

Greets from the other side of Berlin :)

QRX100 and QRX200/235 have no heat issues. Believe me I have baked the hell out of Zaxcom in the desert where lectro SRa fail...

I had updated my QRX100 and set it to AES normal. Should been set to swapped because I use output 1 for both RXs. Since both mics were plant in a standing car I thought they just sound simular when I was listening to 1 mic on both Inputs. 

Thanks for the int recording I've got the 2nd plant still.