Cry Baby: The Pedal That Rocks The World

480sound

Cool! Not quite sure I'm up for an hour of wah. 

480, have you watched this all they way through? Anyone else? Do I need to take one for the team?

Jim

PS- the website for the doc redirects to:

http://www.jimdunlop.com/products/electronics/cry-baby

Look how may different versions of the cry baby the make. Yow.

the best lessons i've picked is using the wah wah (aside from the funk idiom) to tamp down/add flavor/color when tracking a guitar sound that is just too generic, or, when too many guitar tracks = mud. find a sweet spot and leave it there. adds some nice grit and bite when hooked up with a good amp, (or even a crappy amp) and good distortion box, sometimes a phaser as well. run a vocal through it for an instant garage rock vibe. love these and have worn out a few as well as some Mu-trons and another brand Foxx, which was great while it lasted.

I always liked Dave Stewart's wah-wah on his opening Hammond organ solo here. And I dig how he gets out of the crazy part 1:43. Actually, I like everything about this solo. The rest of song is good...but that opening... Geez; I probably hadn't heard this in 20+ years...Maybe 30+...but it sure made an impression on me. Ah; music. :-)