Nomad serial hub

Aguaclaro

Thanks Jack, i will.

By the way, have you tried software version 85 ? I've installed it, it's working well but i have a warning message at boot up " PC 00 does not match Nomad's protocol version 0.01" Didn't have that on 84... Zaxcom forum is down so i can't have a answer. i use a winbook TW802, nomad version 7.72.

Cheers

The Nomad firmware and Touch software versions need to match up.  In the meantime, you'll find that most functions still work OK.

Updates are on the way soon as Howy is working dilligently to get the software up to full operational capability.  There are things like the pad properly updating track names and headphone name presets that he's aware of and working to sort out along with some MP3 level indication anomalies.

Is the MP3 analog recording only?

I'm not sure what you're asking.  MP3s are, of course, a digital file.  The input to the WinBook is via the mic input.  The MP3 recordings are typically used for things such as for sending to a transcription house to get a time-coded transcript of the session, etc., so high quality isn't the goal.

My question has nothing to do with quality.By anolog I meant 3.5 cable. It just seams very unsafe to do it this way.

I just wish mp3 recordings can be done in Nomad on the MicroSd card like it was promised.

That's been active for a long time using the USB port -- I've done it (Nomad 12).  It was never promised on the microSD card, that I'm aware of.  Early on there was some misunderstanding about that slot based on voluminous amounts of speculation, but then it was made clear the slot is there only for updating purposes. 

My question has nothing to do with quality.By anolog I meant 3.5 cable. It just seams very unsafe to do it this way.

I just wish mp3 recordings can be done in Nomad on the MicroSd card like it was promised.

That's been active for a long time using the USB port -- I've done it (Nomad 12).  It was never promised on the microSD card, that I'm aware of.  Early on there was some misunderstanding about that slot based on voluminous amounts of speculation, but then it was made clear the slot is there only for updating purposes. 

Yes that lovely micro SD slot sitting there and never used, it would be very handy indeed as Rado suggested to be able to use it for MP3's. I've seen it suggested that it could be used but never has been, simply because people might lose the cards inside the machine!

I'd be very happy to risk that myself for the great added convenience, as it wouldn't be that difficult to retrieve them anyway, if you can change the clock button battery you could retrieve a micro SD card.

Anyone really know the full story about what the micro SD slot could be capable of?

Edited by pindrop

It'll record MP3s to the CF card. I don't like doing it because it seems to really slow down mirroring. Maybe that's gotten better, I don't know. I actually never tried recording them to an external USB flash drive. Coincidently around the time I upgraded my Nomad to a 12, I stopped working for my one remaining client that always wanted MP3s. The others apparently just make them from the wave files. 

If you use Nomad Touch, then yes, it would be analog. using an analog output of the Nomad (HP2?) to the tablet's mic jack. 

I don't deliver mp3's that often, but when I do, it's either in addition to the wav files on the cf card, or it's a micro USB memory stick, which only sticks out of the nomad about 1/4".

I'm hoping the aforementioned software solution is not virtual faders, I have never found touch screen faders to work nearly as well as physical faders.  II would be happy with a serial hub buried in my bag so I can have all of my devices connected at the same time.