TA5F to 1/8″ (3.5mm) mini-jack adapter (COS-11D to Sennheiser G2/G3)

stephen Piscura

I'm picking up my first COS-11D and i'm grateful for the input i've already received in this thread regarding TA5F to XLR solutions.

I work with a couple different crews who use Sennheiser G2/G3 wireless systems. I'd like my TA5F-wired lav(s) to be compatible with these systems since i'm commonly using them.

Would anyone recommend the professional's version (not found on Ebay, not 25 dollars) of this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/171376718565? All my Googling has turned up very little. Thanks in advance.

I got 2 of the YPA (chinese) Version, they work well with G2 Tx + 2 or 3 wire Lavs (including COS11).

BUT the adapter + plug make a firm stick that pokes out of the Tx like 3 inches high. So the resulting lever is quite long and will possibly destroy the plug, if tilted - only some limited mounting options left.

Yes @dominiquegreffard when i first saw the MCABRLTA5MUWP i thought it was exactly what i was looking for, until i realized it was a 2.5 mm input, not a 3.5 mm!

a quality two part cable adaptor would be better.

I wasn't sure why that would be the case until @axel clarified...

...the adapter + plug make a firm stick that pokes out of the Tx like 3 inches high. So the resulting lever is quite long and will possibly destroy the plug, if tilted - only some limited mounting options left.

Makes perfect sense.

I build these TA5 to 3.5mm TRS locking adapters all the time. The only difference is that mine have a 4" length of cable between the ends and the price is $25 each.

So @Eric Toline, your adapters are kind of like a TA5F version of Ambient's AK-TA3F-3.5EW?

AK_TA3F_35EW-S-1024x426.jpg

Would you be willing to sell to me? Where do i mail the check?

• 4 weeks later...