BETSO synxbox blinking issues

Blas Kisic

I'm a big fan of the BETSO SBOX-1N, and I have two of them (they've replaced two Mozegear boxes I had previously.)

I'm currently working on a doc with a partner, who owns the same box, and we're a bit puzzled because his box blinks very rapidly, while mine blinks once per second. Both keep time without a problem, and they stay synced through the whole day, but we can't understand why his box doesn't blink once a second after it's been jammed, like mine.

We've looked at the settings, and they're both exactly the same. We're at a loss… Any comments or suggestions you may have would be quite welcome.

Cheers,

BK

I'm a big fan of the BETSO SBOX-1N, and I have two of them (they've replaced two Mozegear boxes I had previously.)

I'm currently working on a doc with a partner, who owns the same box, and we're a bit puzzled because his box blinks very rapidly, while mine blinks once per second. Both keep time without a problem, and they stay synced through the whole day, but we can't understand why his box doesn't blink once a second after it's been jammed, like mine.

We've looked at the settings, and they're both exactly the same. We're at a loss… Any comments or suggestions you may have would be quite welcome.

Cheers,

BK

The betso box will blink rapidly if you manually set the TC on it. If it jams from another source, it will blink once per second.

On December 14, 2015 at 1:24 PM, MacAulay Flynt said:

I have had only one problem with the Betso box, and yes I changed it to Lithium read out, the battery meter seems to not read at ALL. it just goes dead after 2.5 days. So we change it out every two. Is anyone else having this problem?

Same here. It shows full charge and, when you least expect it, it just dies.

BK

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Blas,

it is solved for SBOX-1Ns shipped from now. Thank you very much for this information - you are the first, who gave us this information. It is most probably because almost all users use alkaline batteries. They are much cheaper and because of really small current consumption of SBOX-1N, they can power it for 2 days with no problem. Using lithium batteries is not necessity.

Unfortunately there is no easy way how to fix battery monitoring of lithium AA celss on already sold SBOX-1Ns.. Sorry.

Have a nice time and sorry for delayed answer.

Kind regards,

Jan

Big warning for those trying to use NiMH batteries in the SBOXs... Look at the battery, if the battery label overlaps around the edge of the negative terminal the metal terminal could be recessed just enough that SBOX will lose power when bumped or jostled. You might not even know because it often powers on again but you lose the jam.

Works fine with alkaline due to a better negative contact design on most alkaline or lithium for that matter.

Hopefully, the next revision of the SBOX will have some sort of spring contact on the door to prevent this from being an issue.

45 minutes ago, Derek H said:

Big warning for those trying to use NiMH batteries in the SBOXs... Look at the battery, if the battery label overlaps around the edge of the negative terminal the metal terminal could be recessed just enough that SBOX will lose power when bumped or jostled. You might not even know because it often powers on again but you lose the jam.

Works fine with alkaline due to a better negative contact design on most alkaline or lithium for that matter.

Hopefully, the next revision of the SBOX will have some sort of spring contact on the door to prevent this from being an issue.

Thank you, Derek. You are right. Some manufacturers of NiMH cells don't respect AA cell dimensions standards, but it is not problem of all NiMH. We also upgraded battery door of SBOX-1N and it should be really minor problem, but it is good to check it if you buy a new cells.

• 3 weeks later...
On January 26, 2016 at 2:11 AM, janz said:

Hello Blas,

it is solved for SBOX-1Ns shipped from now. Thank you very much for this information - you are the first, who gave us this information. It is most probably because almost all users use alkaline batteries. They are much cheaper and because of really small current consumption of SBOX-1N, they can power it for 2 days with no problem. Using lithium batteries is not necessity.

Unfortunately there is no easy way how to fix battery monitoring of lithium AA celss on already sold SBOX-1Ns.. Sorry.

Have a nice time and sorry for delayed answer.

Kind regards,

Jan

Thank you, Jan.

My Lithium batteries last me three to four days, so no complains there.

Regards,

BK