"Unread Content" seems to turn up increasing amount of stuff previously marked as read

Jim Feeley

Hi Jeff,

So since the update last week, when I select "Mark site read," everything appears to be marked as read. Cool.

But when I return to the site, some previously marked read topics show up when I select "Unread Content." And it seems like over the last day or so, an increasing number of read or marked-as-read topics show up when I select "Unread Content." Like just now something like a dozen topics from yesterday show up...

Is there a setting change I need to make? Is there something else going on?

Thanks!

I think you will have to make some adjustments to the Activity Stream --- it is now a highly configurable personal setting called My Activity Stream (appropriate but silly). Hovering over the "Activity" tab, it reveals "My Activity Stream" and it is there, I believe, that you can set what you want to see when you click on "Unread content". That's the way it is supposed to work. I haven't experimented much because I have to be notified of everything and read everything. For me, even with my settings, once I "Mark site as read" the next time I select "Unread content" I have not had any previously read posts or comments show up. When I get the list of unread content I usually click on the bullet or the star which will take me right to the latest unread post or comment. If I were to click on just the Topic title (which contains everything) I will be taken back to the whole thread and will see posts and comments I have already read.

22 hours ago, Jeff Wexler said:

Hovering over the "Activity" tab, it reveals "My Activity Stream" and it is there, I believe, that you can set what you want to see when you click on "Unread content". That's the way it is supposed to work.

And it sure seems to fix the issue.

Thanks Jeff!