External Slate mic advice SD 664

Philip Perkins

Does anyone have a reco for a cheap lav-sized mic to use as an external slate mic with SD 664, via the TA3M connector on the left side?  I had a crappy mic I was using for this that came with some obscure piece of gear a long time ago, and it broke, so I need something else.  As you know, the slate mic input is balanced with 12vdc avail for mic powering.  I have an Ant Lion headphone-mounted slate mic that works very well, but I like having the option of having the mic "in the board" so to speak, and the built in mic is wretched and deafens the boom op with my handling/switching noise.  thanks

• 1 month later...

That's a great looking solution for a situation where you have an XLR-F mounted in the top of a board (as in old analog consoles).  I have one of those so I might get one of these for that purpose, thanks.  But the 664 has a TA3M connector on the side of the mixer for slate mic, and is a bag-type rig so the Canford mic would be a little big and awkward.  What I want is a mic that works as well as the Ant Lion deal but is just the lav-sized mic element with a short cable to the connector, a mic I could tuck into the bag in front of the mixer (far away from the activation switch).