Testing YouTube embed

Jeff Wexler

Yes, Jeff !! - your instructions (from IPS forum) work! (see below)

If you notice - this video, below, will start @ 26 seconds. (W/ a cue / time-stamp that I added to the URL.)

(And, as per usual ... The image size remains within the margins.)

Thank you.  I appreciate you researching that.

(For those of you, who might be unaware?)

Context: "Problem with using 'Insert image from URL' function"  (On JW's site, after the recent update.)

Specifically: Trying to embed a You Tube video - using the 'IIFU' function.

Jeff W. responds:

"Looking at IPB Forums, YouTube embedding is broken (by IPB) in this current update.

They promise a fix very soon with a new update."

So, for any others who are interested?

Here is what Jeff also shared with me:

"Not sure if this will help anyone figure out what it is doing, but here is what worked every time on mine using Google Chrome or Firefox

Copy either the url link from the browser or the share link for the video
Paste the link in the post.
Hit Return/Enter (video displays at this point)
Click the submit button.

If I paste and just click the submit button it leaves it as a link. So if I want just a url in a sentence I paste it in the sentence and it never converts just like it should for a sentence."

Following the instructions that Jeff supplied - (just to be clear)

This, is what I did ...

Copy and paste the URL from my browser - (Something I have always done. Including time-stamped URL's.)

(I do not, and did not, use the You Tube "Share / Embed" functions, on the YT page.)

Once the YT URL is pasted into the jw post - I then hit the return/enter key on my keyboard -

And, that seemed to 'load' it.

The upshot, is -  The You Tube then turns into an 'embedded ' image - on JW sound. (Not just a link.)

And, as you can see above ... the video is 'cued' to start @ 26 seconds. (So yes, a 'time-stamped' URL also works.)

(Then, of course ... I hit the "Submit Reply.")

14 hours ago, new mexico said:

This, is what I did ...

Copy and paste the URL from my browser - (Something I have always done. Including time-stamped URL's.)

(I do not, and did not, use the You Tube "Share / Embed" functions, on the YT page.)

I strongly suggest that it is NOT a good idea to paste the URL from your browser's address line --- using the shorter URL from the "Share" function is much more reliable. You can use the URL from your browser if you know how to configure it and strip out other functions contained in the URL (like auto-play instructions, links to other videos on the same page, etc.).