Jeff Wexler

RIP - Haskell Wexler

HaskellWexler.2.jpg.0371fff00269cc2e1130

February 6, 1922 - December 27, 2015

It is with great sadness that I have to report that my father, Haskell Wexler, has died. Pop died peacefully in his sleep, Sunday, December 27th, 2015.  Accepting the Academy Award in 1967, Pop said: "I hope we can use our art for peace and for love". An amazing life has ended but his lifelong commitment to fight the good fight, for peace, for all humanity, will carry on. 

Jan McL   

The entire world joins you and your family in your grief with this profound loss.

The light will be more dim for a while, but will again burn more brightly with his important legacy.

aginzo   
4 hours ago, Jeff Wexler said:

HaskellWexler.2.jpg.0371fff00269cc2e1130

February 6, 1922 - December 27, 2015

It is with great sadness that I have to report that my father, Haskell Wexler, has died. Pop died peacefully in his sleep, Sunday, December 27th, 2015.  Accepting the Academy Award in 1967, Pop said: "I hope we can use our art for peace and for love". An amazing life has ended but his lifelong commitment to fight the good fight, for peace, for all humanity, will carry on. 

My deepest condolensces to you and your family Jeff. Your father was and will always be an inspiration to all filmmakers and storytellers for years to come. MY thoughts will be with you. The film community has truly suffered a great loss.