RIP - Haskell Wexler

Jeff Wexler

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, I know nothing can comfort your pain, but you have my sympathy.

You probably know this, but I want to tell the group: the NYTimes considered Jeff's father so important that he's in the top half of the first page, today's online edition:

http://nyti.ms/1mliB8X

(I know a link was posted earlier; this is their permalink.)

Sorry for your loss, Jeff and the loss to us all. I've only met you once in person and never met your father, but reading some of the news reports, his obituary and an old NY Times piece, "The Woolf's Young Turk", that I stumbled upon has given such a great view of an amazing person. Judging by the outpouring of memories, I can only imagine what a treasure he was to you personally. I've also learned of quite a number of films I need to watch, starting with finding a copy of "Medium Cool." 

Again, my condolences to you and your family. 

Josh

Sending you the same good vibes you sent me when I lost my Pop in 2014. Life has never been the same since then. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. He was the world to me. All I can do now is reflect on how he influenced my life and strive to make him proud through my actions since ultimately his legacy lives on through me. With that said, your Dad did good. Thank you Jeff for all you have done for us. I hope your family is able to begin the healing process and become closer then before. 

Jeff, 

I am truly sorry to hear about your father.

He seems to have led an amazing active life that was well lived and he got rewarded with a wonderful family.

I'm sitting beside my father right now at their winter place in Florida and cherishing every moment with his awesome cranky gentle soul.

Condolences from Vancouver,

Scott

I'm so sorry to hear this, Jeff. While I'm pleased to see how widely his decades of accomplishments are being held aloft to remind us that he was a titan who regularly enriched our lives in manners great and small, what really matters is that your Pops is no longer with you. That's a loss I know, and I extend my condolence at this painful time. 

On behalf of everyone at Lectrosonics, I extend our deepest sympathy and prayers to the Wexler family.  On the same note, however, we celebrate the life and contributions of a man who strived to excel not just at his work but at his world, seeking to make better all that he touched whether it was a film, the working conditions to create that film or the world conditions that inspired that film. His legacy lies not just in his cinematic creations but also in the mark he leaves on this world.  None exemplify that legacy better than his son, Jeff, who carries on the tradition of care and betterment.  We are the better for having been touched by him, just as we are touched by his son.  God Speed.

Gordon

I have wanted to respond to each and every person who has reached out to me but with JWSOUND, Facebook, social media and the websites, it has been so overwhelming the  kindness, caring and support — my father has touched so many people, globally, I would be typing responses well into the next century. Please know that in this time of shared sorrow and loss, I have been able to share as well the joy of having had such an incredible person in all our lives.