Equipment wishes for 2016

Glen Deakin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, olix said:

Tascam DR-680 with timecode in-out

Then it wouldn't be a DR-680. The new DR-701D is similar to the 680 and does have TC, but must be fed from an external TC source.. (like the 2trk,HD-P2), other short comings as well. I assume the target market is the OMB DSRL shooter..???.. but why TC then? A half-ass attempt for the F8 market ?

I would like the 788T and/or 6-series recorders to create sound reports as it goes (and on all drives). I always turn off machine or pull card before writing the report. Why can't it always have a report in the "roll" folder, and update the report as the each take is complete. Can't require much processing, as all the data is written to the file at the end anyway. Why not the report too?

How exactly are you guys creating your sound report on the 788T?

Because when I create mine using the short cut (Press and hold stop, then press menu), it creates onto my internal SSD and CF card simultaneously. Admittedly I've never tried it with an external drive hooked up but I'm pretty sure it creates onto all drives already. 

If you go into the folders and create them there then it only goes into the drive your in. 

As as far as new gear wish list, a new version of 788T for me too. 

Also a new Lectro ifb receiver with lcd screen, lots of pre sets for channels (instead of current storing method of 5 only), wide band, and indented knob for changing channels and push and turn for volume or some similar arrangement. 

On 1/3/2016 at 10:41 AM, soundtrane said:

I believe the new Venue does this? 

No Dante or AES :(

Ethernet port is for computer interface only.

How about an inexpensive 3 band, 8 channel, rackmount EQ?

And +1 for an easy, practical way to remote antennas long distances with little to no loss.

2 hours ago, BAB414 said:

No Dante or AES :(

Ethernet port is for computer interface only.

How about an inexpensive 3 band, 8 channel, rackmount EQ?

And +1 for an easy, practical way to remote antennas long distances with little to no loss.

http://www.lectrosonics.com/US/Menu-item-for-category-listing-module-497/product/411-dr.html

No Dante™, but AES.

How exactly are you guys creating your sound report on the 788T?

Because when I create mine using the short cut (Press and hold stop, then press menu), it creates onto my internal SSD and CF card simultaneously. Admittedly I've never tried it with an external drive hooked up but I'm pretty sure it creates onto all drives already. 

This is brilliant, I never knew that. What a time saver! That plus the realization that my scanner is duplex capable... A good day. Lots of time will be saved

6 hours ago, Constantin said:

This is brilliant, I never knew that. What a time saver! That plus the realization that my scanner is duplex capable... A good day. Lots of time will be saved

Ok, does this also work on 6-series?

(half way around the globe away from my 664 atm, otherwise I would try it myself)

If not, this is my wish!

10 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

MozeGear are coming out with a great product PAPI

9f5c9e_9e601868bd2f467c839e5c77f0eb9117.

Any ideas when it's due out and pricing?  I asked a couple of months back.  Would be handy for a slate mic if anything...

11 hours ago, daniel said:

SQN quality single pre-amp and limiter as an analogue accessory for all these dsp based mixer/recorders. if its boom mountable even better, maybe with a pre and post fader O/Ps. 

I also believe the Audioroot uPre II should be good.  It has an A/D converter onboard