Nagra transfer machine

JBond. In your vast collection do you have the Nagra transfer machine (or a photo) made by the UK's legendary Nagra Guru David Lane. It was based on a 4.2 with a synchroniser and was built to a BBC specification. Most BBC transfer Bays were quipped with these in the 70's.

12 hours ago, Malcolm Davies Amps CAS said:

JBond. In your vast collection do you have the Nagra transfer machine (or a photo) made by the UK's legendary Nagra Guru David Lane. It was based on a 4.2 with a synchroniser and was built to a BBC specification. Most BBC transfer Bays were quipped with these in the 70's.

I never saw one before, I could tell right away it wasn’t done by Nagra. It may of been a very useful item, but it has been stripped of that classic Nagra charm. It would be interesting to see the the eight track model also.

2 hours ago, Philip Perkins said:

Wow--where was that thing when I needed it?  We went through all kinds of hell with Otari MTR12 decks and BTS Shadow synchronizers, when this deck could do all flavors of 1/4" sync in one box with the flip of a switch!     Brilliant!!

It was a little known, UK based (in the days of analogue communication, ie little or no interweb) secret ;-) !!

David Lane - I remember when I bought my 2nd hand Nagra, I took it to him, he put it into play, and said... 'I know ehere this machine came from - I recognise the chuffing noise that the motor makes. He was an absolute genius!!

Kindest, sb

Simon Wrote

David Lane - I remember when I bought my 2nd hand Nagra, I took it to him, he put it into play, and said... 'I know where this machine came from - I recognise the chuffing noise that the motor makes. He was an absolute genius!!

David was Instrumental in finding me my first Nagra 3 which came from a Soho company called Document Films owned by a man called Doug Macintosh who went on to start SQN in the Isle of Man and is still at the helm of the company.