Kodak Launches Super 8 Filmmaking Revival Initiative at CES 2016

Those filmmakers quoted started with super 8 cams because they were cheap and the film+processing was avail at any corner drugstore etc..   This camera looks like an expensive status-object, not a tool for beginners.  Then there is the small matter of the cost and availability of the film stock, and that they don't really see users looking at their film as film, ie projected, only as a digital playback.  The film experience is a 2-sided process folks, shooting and projecting….

there are a lot of projects where it makes sense to shoot on super8.

having a crystal sync camera at different speeds is very welcome and will make things much easier in a lot of cases (i've shot many super8 projects with non-sync cameras). looks like it will even feature a scratch audio track on card, which makes me think of audit TC solutions even ; )

chris

• 1 year later...

As anyone figured out how audio sync actually work on the Kodak 8mm cam?  I read that audio is recorded separately on a SD card and that markers are written in the film.  Does Kodak film processing also sync sound and send a film to digital print with synched audio?