Dave Rainey

Constantly logged off - password reset

Hi Jeff,

I wanted to let you know that I often get logged out of the site and my password does not work to 

log back in.  I have reset my password a couple dozen times in the pas month or so, at least.

Is there a setting I am missing?   I appreciate any advice.

Thank you!

Dave

Getting logged off, over time, seems to be happening more than it ever used to (if I leave my browser open and logged in for many hours while I'm away, coming back I am often logged out). It is annoying, having to log back in, but you shouldn't be having to reset password. Are you sure your browser is not auto-filling in an old password? I have to say, password reset doesn't always work. I will Message you with some ideas.

Hi Jeff,

While I'm not having an issue with logging out, I am having to reset my password every single time I want to log in!  Its not an auto fill issue as you recommended me checking in the past.  Any other thoughts?

Thank You,

~rich

Ben B   

I am having the same problem here. I retype my password every time but it doesn't work. Has anyone found a solution? It's a little bit annoying having to reset my password every time i wanna log in.

Weird. I'm mostly using Mac Safari without trouble. 

Have you tried logging in with Chrome or Firefox? Do you still have the same problem there?

But this might be a Keychain problem...

Here's an Apple support article on fixing and (if needed) resetting your keychain. It's pretty straightforward.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203192

Ben B   

I use Chrome and i tried logging in with safari without success. Every time i leave the page it logs me out and i need to reset my password in order to log back in.

I have been trying to track down this problem without any success so far. For me, what happens all the time is that logged in and over time, when I go to navigate to some other page or post, I am logged out and have to sign in again. This has happened many times (only using Safari --- have not checked with other browsers). IPB Support has not yet been able to offer any advice or a fix. I will continue to work on this.

Ben B   

I tried the keychain reset but it didn't work. Thanks Jim for the tip anyway. 

I can still log in but have to reset my password every time i log out. Anyway i'll post here as soon as i find a solution. And keep us posted if someone find a fix.

Thanks!