anybody got their CL8 yet?

rich

was just wondering as on the SD website it says now shipping.

what do people who have one think of it?

did you have to get the hardware upgrade to get it to work? - some one told me i needed to do so for the cl8 to work, but it doesnt specifically mention it in the SD note about the upgrade. i will get mine upgraded, but it wont be till next year, once we've finished shooting the current show

i have one on order but dont expect them to be available over here (UK) for a week or 3 yet.

thanks

rich

good to see you back scott

just got a call to say that my cl8 has arrived in the country and will be with me in the next day or 2. and got an email from SD to say that not having the update shouldnt affect the functioning of the cl8 but as the cl8 was announced a few months after they started shipping newer spec units, they have done much more testing with upgraded units.

• 3 weeks later...

I've very excited about my CL-8 controllers.  I have 3 now and am using them with (3) 788s to form a modular 24 track.  So far so good.  I love routing on the CL-8.  It's really intuitive and makes panning while booming actually possible.  See my post on using "788t as a 24 track" on this forum.  I could use your help.....