BEC ERX and RX200

Ze Frias

Love BEC group. José, did you get these made custom? I assume someone had to ask for them.

You can thank me for getting the ball rolling on their QRX holder. Sent them detailed measurements shortly after i received one if the first QRX and they made an amazing holder that they're now selling as a stock part. Beats the hell out of Zax's version for actual on-camera use.

José, you would have owned it if you would have bought my QRX100! ;)

1 hour ago, Derek H said:

Love BEC group. José, did you get these made custom? I assume someone had to ask for them.

You can thank me for getting the ball rolling on their QRX holder. Sent them detailed measurements shortly after i received one if the first QRX and they made an amazing holder that they're now selling as a stock part. Beats the hell out of Zax's version for actual on-camera use.

Maybe you can mod a 411 Bec mount. Dimensions are close with the qrx100/200

7 hours ago, Derek H said:

I did not. Colleen just showed me these at the Texas Lone Star Mixer event. They are hot off the press, and I believe they will be available for sale within 2 weeks.

And, I know! Haha. I'm sure there's someone else right now enjoying that QRX with BEC holder somewhere in the world though. :)

• 1 month later...

Just a heads-up, BEC Group has updated the RX200 box. 

Product Update: 

BEC Group created a camera mount box for the RX200, and after getting my hands on one of their prototypes I requested that they please make some adjustments. 

They have, and this is the updated version. Dare I say final, but at least this is the latest version for now that I am aware of. Photos are below, but essentially I had them flip the RX200 around so that the gain LEDs now face the back of the camera and the RX200 screen faces toward the end user while adjusting settings on larger broadcast style cameras since the screen is on that side of the cam. Also the battery door is now facing the rear of the camera for access by the end user instead of forward where it was harder to get to IMO. Some adjustments to the screw holes also make this box mount perfectly on their existing plates. 

Bravo and thank you to BEC group's Mike Babcock for listening to customer input and adjusting a product accordingly. I am very pleased with these updates.

IMG_7436.jpg

IMG_7437.jpg

IMG_7438.jpg

IMG_7439.jpg

IMG_7440.jpg

IMG_7441.jpg

IMG_7442.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Not so much dumb as inexperienced.

Look up "Anton Bauer plate." 

Years ago many, if not most, pro cameras used one to mount the battery and on the side are the screw holes that a receiver cup screws into.  

These days we need to be prepared with an arsenal of mounting options with the variety of rigs encountered. The cups discussed in this thread are still used on occasion, but not very often for many of us. 

Hint: Velcro, hanging bags, and Bongo Ties are your friends.