Guitar Center just screwed over their entire workforce

Robert Bluemke

I know we all support our usual suspects as much as possible, but when I need a quick replacement cable sometimes Guitar Center is a quick in and out spot to get what you need. 

This shouldn't be surprising considering today's corporate attitude towards their employees, but my money will now be going elsewhere.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/news/guitar-center

GC has always had deplorable ethics regarding how their employees earn their wages. Having worked there while in school, I can say that their entire system is set up to pay less than minimum wage if they can get away with it, while somehow rewarding the most dishonest people, usually in a management or supervisor position. 

Lets not forget that the customers best interest is not on their minds either. Rather, they try to sell customers items that give the seller the most markup points, rather than the product best suited to their individual needs. 

It really is a horrible company and I think everyone should try their best to avoid spending their money there.