Looking for a previous post about Sennheiser Antennas

soundslikejustin

Now I've done hours of searching on this site and on others, but I haven't found what I KNOW I've seen...

There is a thread that talks about extending the range of Sennheiser G3/G2 units by swapping out the factory antenna for an SMA BUT THEN goes on to talk about connecting to a small RF AMP.

I cannot for the life of me find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about or where it is? I think it may have also been cross-posted on one of the many Facebook group sites but the search on Facebook is even tougher than on here.

Thanks!

Thanks, but that's one of the ones I found - I even posted in that thread in its infancy - but not the one I'm looking for.

Theres a specific post where the subject changes from how to do the sma mod, to about then connecting the modded Tx to a linear amp. I think it linked to an rflinks.com micro-amp page but it was more the rest of the post content that was interesting.

thanks though!

Both suggestions are helpful!

Derek, I have considered the SKP1000, and it's a viable option.

i just remember a certain post. I'm pretty sure the amp in question wasn't the PSC one, and boosted output levels to something ridiculous (and most likely illegal), but looked like a fun DIY option.

I've got a standard G3 with busted antenna and just thought I'd see what I could find.

many thanks.