Lectro LR "group" tuning new feature...

audiofp

With the latest firmware the LR "Added customizable "Group" tuning feature, permitting quick and convenient access to four groups of up to 32 channels each." with no instructions or updates to the manual. Anyone know how this works? I don't find an associated function on the LTs.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Michael Capulli said:

Smart tune doesn't really make sense for a single receiver?

It's a way to do a quick and confident setup on site - let the receiver choose the frequency, based on everything that is going on around you, using a single step process. In a way, it's an automatic version of doing a scan then selecting a frequency based on that scan.

• 2 months later...

On my LR receivers, the groups are not preprogrammed.  I was hoping it would be more like the older preprogrammed blocks just for ease of use, but maybe Lectrosonics figured most people would like to just like to fine tune to their area.  Does it make sense to just manually add in the old a, b, c ,d groups for the blocks, or is their a newer wide range frequency scheme?

We've been gradually eliminating the pre-tuned groups because, while they are coordinated with each other, they do not take into account any outside RF sources like TV or other wireless transmissions. Using SmartTune or scanning and choosing frequencies based on that, or using FreqFinder, or IAS, etc. is a far better way to find clean, properly coordinated frequencies.