The Jonas Storm

Ze Frias

And no, I'm not referring to the band / musician, but to the snow storm that hit us in the northeast!

image.thumb.jpg.7b411198eb96f0e94bb64236

Just finished digging out the car and shoveling the side walk, but the city sanitation department has yet to pass by and sweep the streets, so my work is still cut out for me. In the meantime, a nice cup of hot chocolate (and some whiskey later on) to keep the spirits high! Hope everyone is dry and warm!

Just now, austinmplocher said:

I'm sure I'm not alone on this site in saying how much I love the quiet of a snowstorm. Last night walking around Brooklyn, as long as a big gust of wind wasn't at us, was pretty special. Still haven't dug out the car yet tho, not looking forward to that.

Oh I agree. It was very peaceful. I love snow, only when it's fresh though. Don't care for it after a few days when it becomes all wet and dirty. Hope your car wasn't as buried as mine! haha

Update:

NYC Department of Sanitation has done a decent job at cleaning all the main avenues and streets, but unfortunately for us in the smaller residential areas of Queens, snow is still largely accumulated on the streets, making it impossible to drive anywhere:

image.thumb.jpg.bfddaf956e3155ac7deb9bbc

At least the kids are having fun!