ProgressiveDrum

Importing AAF Session into Pro Tools 12.4

I created an embedded AAF file of a mix session I am working on, this mix includes volume automation, compressors, EQs, etc. 

Once the AAF is created and I go to open it to make sure it is all correct, but none of the volume automation, or any of the inserts that are built in protools open in the new imported file. All the clips seem to be correct, but none of the data or those inserts are loaded. 

Am I exporting or importing the file wrong? Is there another way for the AAF to include all automation and inserts?

Thanks for all your time and help. 

Carlos. 

zgoheen   

AAF is a cross-application file format that does not support proprietary plugin data.

However, volume and fade data is supported. Make sure you're ticking the "Import Volume Automation" box on the AAF import dialogue.

The only thing that will retain the plugin info is a Pro Tools session file (.ptx)

Both SloTools systems must be identical for all the plug-ins to work as before. The timeline, volume and pan values 'should' import properly though. I've found AAF to be problematic from the get-go and continue to use OMF.

On 2/3/2016 at 0:27 PM, Wandering Ear said:

I didn't think aaf supported inserts.  Transfer the pt session itself if the receiving studio has the same plugins, or burn the FX to a track before exporting.

Burning the FX and automation is the only way I have been able to accomplish this.