Leasure creation

Christian Hermans

Next time, i will build a slim version of this heavy beast, but hopefully for some folks it will be interesting to see what others try to do at downtime. I had the luck to become a rest of aluminium profiles from a friend and started to work out a plan, how i can use this type of material in a way, that i can make some changes afterwards, cause i´d never done this before.

I really enjoy to work with this material, because you have the feeling to work with a Lego construction system. Building the cart just take two Days, i know two days for this primitiv cage is a joke, but it was heavy to find someone with a sawing machine ;)). After 6 Days the postman brought the wheels and Quickfist holders and my brother in law begins his work with the electronic Stuff (Voltmeter, Powerdistribution, lightning) for these Cart.

The sound cart was almost constructed, but i want a cover for it. So i ordered some codura fabric and visited a dressmaker, which ended in a 4 weeks long sewing course (every weekend, but i have a new skill now).

I´m really proud of it and saved some money for new microphones.

Cheers

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

The aluminum profiles you used are very similar to those from 80/20 here in the US. I imagine yours came under the name ITEM, I believe the company is in Germany. It is an amazing erector set and you can do everything yourself. My only problem was that I never really got the proper saw to cut the aluminum (so I had to have the company, 80/20, do most of the cuts for me, which meant I had to really get my measurements down before ordering. What did you use for the shelf material (looks like white particle board or plastic?). I love the cover!

Shelf is plastic (PVC 1cm) and it seems really tough. ITEM is the most popular but to expensive, there are other companies here in Germany that have much better pricing and next time i must find thinner profiles, cause the cart is a bit heavy. I´m young and i can handle it, but in five years i will rethink my position. 

On my next project I will also order ready made parts,cause these profile are industry garbage and quite dirty and full with oil (Takes hours to clean ;)) ). 

For now i build for this cart tables for the sides and some expandable monopods for my antennas. Thanks for your comment Jeff!

• 2 weeks later...