Thanks Tyler Wade

Simon Paine

Just learned recently that longtime manager of Trew Audio Toronto, Tyler Wade has left. 

I've been dealing with him for many years, right from the very start of Trew opening in Toronto. He was always friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and I looked forward to seeing him when I would make it down to the Toronto store. He really came through for me on a few last minute gear requests, went to bat for me when dealing with a certain manufacturer and one time, even stayed after hours to wait for me to arrive so I could pick up a special piece of gear I absolutely needed the very next day. Our shared love of the Montreal Canadiens insured we got along, but his dedication to his customers is what has kept me going back to Trew for many years. We are lucky to have such dedicated people working for us at all the location audio dealers. We would never get this kind of service from online or big box music stores, and Tyler was a great example of that level of service.

Thanks Tyler, and good luck in your next project.

1 hour ago, Simon Paine said:

Thanks Tyler Wade

Simon, you beat me to it, but I couldn't have come up with a better title for this thread!

We hired Tyler fresh out of school about 12 years ago, and as our Toronto store grew, Tyler stepped up to accept each challenge as they came, eventually becoming the branch manager. Under Tyler's leadership the store has grown as he earned the respect of the Toronto sound pros. But Tyler also gained my respect as I watched him from hundreds of miles away not only keep the store going in great form, but also buy a house, get married, have a child, and now move on to start his own enterprise in home improvement. In fact, the biggest kick I get in business is watching the staff grow in their personal lives and possibly having had a part in helping it happen.

So...   Thanks, Tyler Wade!

Glen Trew

OMG!!! I had so many conversation with Tyler and so many good experience!!! Really helped me right from the beginning of my move to Canada ( 10 years ago ) until last week. You will be missed my friend. I wish you all the best in your new endeavor!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also like to extend my thanks to Tyler Wade.  Tyler was always great to deal with. I had many interesting conversations with him at the shop over the last few years.  I was recently enjoying listening to him host the new Trew podcasts.  Sorry to him go, all the best to you good sir!

That sucks.. I haven't dropped by in the last couple of weeks, and I would have been happy to wish him well in person.

I think there are many of us that have known him since the time when Trew Audio was at the Cherry Beach location which had to be at least 10 years ago. It's unfortunate that Richmond had recently left as well. Both are very stand up guys. 

Tyler was always a pleasure to deal with. I knew him since day one there at Trew Toronto. Tyler might be responsible for training half of the sound people in Toronto. We have 4 times as many as 15 years ago and most were kitted out by Tyler. Can you imagine how many "how does this thing work ?" phone calls he took ? All the best in your new venture T Wade !

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from over 2 months on the road and find out Tyler has moved on from Trew Toronto. Over the past several years Tyler has helped me out immensely by shipping needed equipment to far flung locations I have been working in a timely fashion. I was also amazed at how current his knowledge of technical developments in our industry were. If you're reading this Tyler - I already miss you bad!