SMa vs. Um200

Guest Ken Mantlo

Guest Ken Mantlo

I'm have both types right now but rarely use the two different transmitters together.  On the rare occasion that I do, I've noticed that the Um200 sounds better - fuller.  The receiver is the venue system.  Any one else notice this?

Just to add to Scott's cryptic reply... I have used SMa's and the UM 400's together and notice no discernable difference in the audio quality. I now use the SMa - I own eight of them with my Venue wide band system.

It's important that you make sure that your lav microphones are wired correctly and if so the SMa sound great!

RL

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but....

I still LOVE the 210Ds...!!!!   I still have some and use them all the time. I have a bunch of 411s as well, but never feel as though they are "better",  just different.  I know, I know, there are all kinds of reasons I HAD to go out and buy some 411s, but to this day, in the REAL world of being screwed by everyone possible all the way down our audio line, I think they work great!!

No big difference to me....  I don't even mind finding a clear freq. on them when I need to...  NO range issues either....  Oh yeah, I mix and match all the time....   411s along side 210ds.....

As far as the roll off,  I let my ears decide and mix accordingly....  as always...

Sorry but....

I still LOVE the 210Ds...!!!!   I still have some and use them all the time. I have a bunch of 411s as well, but never feel as though they are "better",  just different.  I know, I know, there are all kinds of reasons I HAD to go out and buy some 411s, but to this day, in the REAL world of being screwed by everyone possible all the way down our audio line, I think they work great!!

No big difference to me....  I don't even mind finding a clear freq. on them when I need to...  NO range issues either....  Oh yeah, I mix and match all the time....   411s along side 210ds.....

As far as the roll off,  I let my ears decide and mix accordingly....   as always...

Indeed. I have a 210D and a 411 in block 25. I use the 411 to scan for the 210D when need be.