Zaxcom TRXLA2 Stereo as Camera Link (hop)

chris_bollard

I contemplated going this route but decided to go with the CL.

While it is possible the main draw back is that there are no battery eliminators on the market for TRXla transmitters. The CL can also be used as an IFB/Zaxnet transmitter for ERX and TRX on talent.

A couple of other things to note.

In stereo mode there is one gain that controls both channels. You can't set the gain separately for each channel.

If you are using the receiver on the cam (qrx200, rx200) for time code you will need to jam the TRXla first. TC is embedded in the audio signal. The TRXLA uses the same lemo input for audio and TC. I have never tested how stable the TC is in the TRX's as I am normally sending it TC via Zaxnet.   

The guys at Lemac made me up a line level input cable for a mono TRXLA, so I am sure they could make a stereo version. 

Battery consumption wise, using the newer eneloop pro's I get around the six and a half hour mark. That is with power roll enabled. If your not using zaxnet you would need to select an output power level. If I remember correctly 25, 50 or 125mw.

Sorry if I am stating the obvious. I seem to recall you being a SD, Lectro user.

Cheers Nate.

15 hours ago, chris_bollard said:

I'm looking at Zaxcom camera link options and was wondering if the TRXLA2 (http://www.pro-sound.com/p/zaxcom-trxla2-transmitter.html) Stereo version is suitable as the Tx for a camera link (hop) rather than the TRX900CL?

For mine the benefits are wideband and comact size.

Cheers

Works ok if you are in a bind. Make sure you send tone. Channels not equal gain at least on my trx900LAS. Jam the TRX900LAS with Zaxnet so the qrx100qifb or qrx235qifb can receive TC