Ambient Tiny Lock It Outdoors?

Michael Wynne

Anyone using the Ambient Tiny Lock It outdoors?  Just seems odd to me that according to the Safety Instructions in the manual that it would be for indoor use only since cameras go all kinds of places.  No humidity, moisture or direct sunlight and a operating temp of +5° to +50° Celsius.  Anyone have any experience with these too the contrary.

Hi Michael,

I've been using tiny lockits on the back of cameras in all (Australian) weather conditions for a while now and am yet to report any issue what so ever. These things are little tanks. 

I always keep them in the pouch and they go under the camera rain cover when it rains.

Same goes for the Lockit slate, never had an hint of a problem. 

4 hours ago, David Marien said:

Hi Michael,

I've been using tiny lockits on the back of cameras in all (Australian) weather conditions for a while now and am yet to report any issue what so ever. These things are little tanks. 

I always keep them in the pouch and they go under the camera rain cover when it rains.

Same goes for the Lockit slate, never had an hint of a problem. 

Thanks David, good to know !

Two weeks outdoors, between -15 and -25C. No problems with the tiny lockits, the master lockit had some temperature issues, but they should be sorted out now. Ambient has been very helpful sorting the issues out. The problem was when powering up the unit if it was cold. If powered up before entering the cold, it worked without any problems. The slate had some issues in heavy slush snowfall, the led display started blinking, but the tc on the backdisplay was ok. But it was in very moist conditions. When it dried overnight, the problems with the display went away.