Congratulations to the Sound Crew on Mad Max: Fury Road!

karlw

Just a quick note of Congratulations to Chris Jenkins, Gregg Rudloff and Ben Osmo for their Sound Mixing Oscar for Mad Max: Fury Road. And Congrats to Oliver Machin, Brendan John Allen, Paradox Delilah and the rest of the production sound crew that made this movie sound so good!

Some additional details mentioned to me by Oliver Machin: "There was also Mark Wasiutak who was key boom on Fury Road as well as the very first Mad Max. I think there were 3 people including George who came from the first movie all those years ago. There was also Derek Mansvelt who was on the 'Action Unit.'"

Speaking of Mad Max, a friend's brother won for Best Sound Editing, got his picture in the New York Times, and generated an ironic story (with a great final line by his co-winner David White).

NYT picture (his brother says yes, this is Mark Mangini):

mark_mangini_nyt.png.107943b8541312bab8a

The story:

Oscars 2016: Mad Max sound editor dropped an F-bomb 

ABC had to bleep Mark Mangini when he took the Oscar stage

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/28/oscars-2016-mad-max-sound-editor-f-bomb

The punch line:

Added White, “It’s pretty intense up there, you know… It’s typically Australians that do the swearing. So the fact that I didn’t swear, I deserve the Oscar just for that.”

Congratulations all around!