Aluminum Brackets for Bluetooth Keyboard Tray

lazajamsonic

Here are a few pics of a little addition I recently made to my mix bag (Petrol PEGZ-1F) workflow that I wanted to share with all of you.

Found this Logitech Keys-To-Go Bluetooth keyboard (http://support.logitech.com/en_ca/product/keys-to-go-ipad) at Best Buy, which has been handy for punching notes into the Sound Report Writer app on my iPhone between takes. The interfacing with iOS isn't perfect for navigating through the app's text fields (I'm hoping to find a way to map out custom key commands to tab around more easily between fields, OR fingers crossed.. this will improve with an app update from Tyler at Inaudible Labs *pokes*) but after some field testing, it's definitely been a more ergonomic and enjoyable option for text entry in more controlled environments, and obviously only feasible when working with a dedicated boom op.

I found these random lightweight aluminum rods in my granny's basement, which were originally about a foot long and straight across, with those S-bends mirrored on either end. So I hack-sawed the S-bends off one end of each rod, filed down the rough edges, heated the middle of the rods with my camping stove, and applied some careful pressure to make the 90 degree bends pictured here. I tried super gluing on some velcro to both the rods and the keyboard, but it didn't take too well. The keyboard material has a soft rubber, pleather'y feel. Will be trying again with a different bond soon.

The rods easily pop into the velcro seam at the back of the bag for seated/stationary use, or they work fine in the velcro seam up front for when I have the bag harnessed up and walking around. Only minor issue with that is the keyboard gets in the way of the front pocket contents, where I usually stash my lav mounting accessories/tapes etc, but the keyboard pops off the brackets and onto the mixer/recorder no problem for pocket access.

GOPR9192.JPG

GOPR9196.JPG

GOPR9198.JPG