Matthias Richter

very mobile, lightweight setup for soundblankets

I was looking for a solution to have my soundblankets set up in a fast, easy, lightweight way without spending a fortune.

Here is what I have found:

my 8 blankets are 2mx1,80m. Folded 1 time makes them thicker and even more effective but can be used unfolded if I need to treat larger spaces.

Use fiber bares for tents crossed and slipped into the 4 corners (X-point is fixed). Use cheap mic-stands fully extended to hold the whole thing up in the air (using the O-ring in the mid). All you need to borrow are some sand-bags from grip to secure the stands.

If you wanna treat a hard surface (wall) you don´t even need the stands. Just lean them against the wall!

1002.jpg

1003.jpg

1004.jpg

1005.jpg

1006.jpg

1001.jpg

Very elegant, although I'd still like to have the full width of the pad folded out.  But this might be the first significant advance in furni pad deployment technology in about 30 years!

Mirror   
3 hours ago, Wandering Ear said:

That's brilliant.  I've been looking for a better alternative to using c stands which is how I currently do it.  I might just copy your idea.

Oops! You just lost your first customer.

sarcanon   
On 4/4/2016 at 10:17 AM, Matthias Richter said:

Use fiber bares for tents crossed and slipped into the 4 corners (X-point is fixed).

Very nice indeed. Did you go to a seamstress to fasten the bits of canvas to the blankets, or did you do this yourself? I'd like to hear a bit more about this part was achieved. Cheers!

dolo72   

Thats great - I use mic stand for blankets but generally folded or hanging over the bar in a t shape - this is much better