While, obviously, nowhere near as 'innovative' as:

I now feel, that - My own DIY - shop-made, 'system' is crude, and clunky-looking. But, it has served me well!

If I had to do it over again? - Well, then - Yes! (Of course) - I would probably adapt something like Matthias has done.

Here, I humbly present - as merely more 'food for thought,' to any other, possible, DIY'ers:

Jim Gallup - Sound Blanket Rod Tee.png

Jim Gallup Sound Blanket Rod Tees.png

(After 'trial and error') ...

I found, that - For me, having the spring clamps - 'pre-mounted' - saved time in the overall 'set-up and, tear-down'  -

While not taking up too much more additional space (in my red storage bag) -

Which, I have happily traded-out for ...'ease-of-use.'      (YMMV?)

Jim Gallup Sound Blanket rods - WITH spring clamps text.png

Jim Gallup Sound Blanket rods 2.pngJim Gallup Sound Blankets.png

Jim Gallup Sound Blankets cart.png

Jim gallup Sound Blankets 2.png

Jim Gallup Sound Blankets 3.png

Jim Gallup Sound Blanket Rod Tee Tap Jig.png

Jim Gallup Sound Blanket Rod Tee 2.png

JimGallup Sound Blanket Rod end cap.png

Digging this setup, the "Matthias" setup is nice too, but I like the way this utilizes the entire sound blanket. I assume the metal (aluminum?) pipes are inserted into the PVC T's right? What are the last two CU pics of the router showing us? I am in need of a solution for hanging sound blankets and have been holding off buying C stands. 

Jim thanks for the flowers! Actually my first setup "looked" similar to yours. It was just too fragile and still too much to setup for my taste.

Don´t wanna hijack your DIY thread but I can use the entire width of the blanket if I want to. It´s velcroed to each other and each blanket got a matching velcro edge so I just need two (at least) sets and the first one will attach to the 2nd one and so on. But yes if I want one single 1,80m in width I would just setup two sets.

On 4/9/2016 at 8:04 AM, EnotsMedia said:

I assume the metal (aluminum?) pipes are inserted into the PVC T's right? 

This photo is just for clarity:

(This is just prototype "version 1.5" - With rubber bumper on shaft - Which, was removed, on later versions.

As well as, simplifying the "T.")

Jim Gallup Sound Blanket Hanger System - v2.1 prototype - shows rod into tee.png

On 4/9/2016 at 8:04 AM, EnotsMedia said:

What are the last two CU pics of the router showing us? 

What is on display here, Jeremy, is...

My own propensity for self-indulgence, vis-à-vis, satisfying my own personal aesthetic. ; ~ p

("What is pleasing to the eye ... May also be a pleasure to use?")

This, BTW ... is not PVC "schedule 40." Tried 'sch40' at the very outset, on v1.0.

But ... Even just after the very first prototype - I quickly gave up on it. Way too flimsy.

I do not recommend using 'sch40.' (Just my 2 cents.)

FWIW ... my units (shown here,) are not "fragile." Anything but.

(No umbrage, Matthias - just don't know what material you used in your 'original' versions?)

Jim Gallup Sound Blanket Hanger System - v2.1 prototype - Rod end-plug finish.png