New Portable Cart

Whit Norris

Just finished a new portable cart for working out of the country for several weeks. We built it at Trew Atlanta and the gang was awesome. There is a patch panel in the back along with a Comtek and Lectro transmitter in the rear. Wanted to remote the X3 so I can sit it on top of the case, my lap or where I need it. A lot of sound horsepower in a  small case. This is my new portable set up. I can go on a golf cart, gator, or up a few flight of stairs. Also what is not seen are all of the audio inputs are 25 pin connectors that are "break away" and the X3 can go in a a bag and be hooked up. The package is being shipped out and will have more pictures later of it in action.IMG_0866.JPG

14 hours ago, RPSharman said:

That is brilliant, Whit! Why not have that as part of a modular main cart? Are these all duplicate components, or are they from your main rig and moved here for the portable/travel work?

Hey Robert most of the components are from my main rig. Just trying to be more portable for the first weeks working out of the country.

15 hours ago, Paulo Ricardo Nunes said:

Nice solution. What's the total weight with equipment? Do you use some kind of ventilation inside the case?

Hey Paulo,

We have not weighed it yet but will soon. The Meon Life is well vented, the Venues and monitors are very the same as in my larger cart and case which I have not had any issues in the past.