Time Code, Zoom F8 and Arri Mini Alexa

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether any of these cables would allow me to jam the F8 and the Arri Alexa mini. First time working with both. Which one you would recommned should be the master TC machine? I'm aware of the sync issues but there is no budget for lockit boxes so I'm thinking in jamming every few hours and when camera and/or F8 are switched off. Here are the links to the cables and pics:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/spanish/c/product/423968-REG/Sound_Devices_XL_LB2_XL_LB2_31_LEMO_5.html/?gclid=CLGq9f3QmMwCFVAvgQodMWEDnw

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/spanish/c/product/1021813-REG/laird_digital_cinema_sd_tcd2_01_lemo_5_pin_to_bnc.html

thanks a lot

2.jpg

1.jpg

Sound is Master........ not sure of TC stability on F8 though, not ideal as Primary Recorder.

Alexa Mini uses a 5 Pin Mini Lemo not normal sized Lemo as with Alexa. Also best to use a Right Angle Mini Lemo so it doesn't get in the way of Lens changes etc.

Zoom looses tc if you power it down. When powered it's constant enough to be the source. What I've read here on the board is that the mini is drifting though. Meaning a constant sync with a cable is basically the only option if you don't have lockits.

On 19 Apr 2016 at 8:19 PM, Vincent R. said:

Zoom looses tc if you power it down. When powered it's constant enough to be the source. What I've read here on the board is that the mini is drifting though. Meaning a constant sync with a cable is basically the only option if you don't have lockits.

haven't seen any drifts on a shoot half a year back between a 633 and the Alexa Mini. it was only a 4 day project though and we re-jammed at lunch.

i'd probably add a pair of tentacles on more critical projects though.