MRI Machine

Olle Sjostrom

I'm going to be shooting in a hospital, right nearby the MRI Machine. The team is heavily restricted from entering the room with the actual machine in it, but we'll be shooting right outside. Any one with experience of shooting next to an MRI will be greatly appreciated. There's no time to check location personally... Thanks!

Did a search, didn't turn anything up so I apologize if there's a thread on this already

There's usually some kind of two way communication installed for these medical machinery rooms... Speakers in the ceiling of the machine room and maybe just a desk speaker on the other side of the glass. You may be able to split that signal to tap into the house system, or worst case scenario boom the doctor and mic the desk speaker for the patient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, this is a scripted drama series, so I don't think we'll be having any actual dialog that can't be dubbed, or even any dialog at all... Probably not. The dialog will be played outside of the room with the machine, and so therefore I was wondering if anyone had done anything similar, ie if magnetism radiates outside of the room and what that might entail etc etc

I just did this on a movie - setup in the hall between the actual machine and the control room.  I did a scan on B25 and nothing out of the ordinary.  There were fans that could obviously not be turned off.  The machine was not actively scanning, but I don't think that yours will be either.  (yes there were other non-MRI issues with this movie...)