TRX 742 External battery option

Glen Deakin

On 26.4.2016 at 3:21 AM, Sam Kashefi said:

so the 742 is fine getting 5V instead of 4.5V as from standard batteries?

On April 26, 2016 at 8:21 PM, Sam Kashefi said:

So you obviously wired your own. Did you get one active and 2 dummies? I haven't found info on which tabs on the 742 gets voltage.  I have a BDS with a USB output and I want to plug this into that. Elaborate if you can.

6 hours ago, Sam Kashefi said:

I have 3 AA Cells, one 5VDC and two dummies. Just use red and black wire for pin 1&4.

usb-cable-wiring.jpg

USB.jpg

Good to know. Thanks. On the "batteries" do you have to make series connections between the 3, or just drop in 1 active and 2 dummies?

• 4 weeks later...

using pretty much Sam's setup now. Works very nice. Battery pack was 15€. Just bought 4. They last around 4-5hours with a SCMIT. Only thing is: the RXs display will always show full TX-battery (R9) so the BoomOp needs to check the batt himself. Will just change regulary to avoid sudden death.

is that the same with you guys? 

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Matthias Richter said:

and you wanna have that on the pole?? My battpack (6700mAH) will last 4-5h. There are 10AH and more available but it gets heavy ... 

I want to run 2 booms for dual sit down interviews and court rooms. I use 2 denecke Phantom going in to a stereo trx900LAS but a trx742 with a longer battery will free me from worrying.

• 3 months later...
After my recommendation battery eliminator store designed and started selling USB connected AA battery eliminators.

2AA
"Utilizes our custom AA battery cells, one Active and one Dummy (shorted) to complete the circuit in your 2 AA cell battery tray. Connects to USB port on a phone charger, computer, or portable USB battery pack. Converts USB bus power (5.1 Volts) to 3 Volts DC. Maximum current is determined by the capabilities of your USB port. Phone chargers are often rated to 1 Amp maximum, while tablet chargers are often 2.1 Amps maximum."

3AA
"Utilizes our custom AA battery cells, one Active and two Dummy (shorted) to complete the circuit in your 3 AA cell battery tray. Connects to USB port on a phone charger, computer, or portable USB battery pack. Converts USB bus power (5.1 Volts) to 4.5 Volts DC. Maximum current is determined by the capabilities of your USB port. Phone chargers are often rated to 1 Amp maximum, while tablet chargers are often 2.1 Amps maximum."

335-thickbox_default.jpg