Custom D.I.Y. "mounting accessories" for Remin Kartmaster® HD 500.

new mexico

Really slick mods. I bolted quick fists to mine awhile back but not nearly as cool as yours!

Anyone manage to put bigger, better smart wheels on one of these? 

As much as I love this cart for its ability to shrink down to car trunk size it really sucks on anything but nice smooth floors.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Vin; 'Ronmac'; 'Mirror'

On 4/28/2016 at 6:39 AM, cmassey said:

Impressive young man....

amazing what you can upload when you get off dialup!

Hey, Cleve .... Next thing ya know, they'll be paving our road!

On 4/26/2016 at 11:32 AM, brunosound said:

That's fantastic stuff! I've had my Kartmaster for over 20 years, was just at the factory getting some wheel replacements. Good folks!

Good folks, indeed!  My Kartmaster is "late 90's?" provenance - It doesn't owe me a thing!

fwiw... This spoke to me - When I saw, that - Someone had taken the time to handstamp?

Remin Kartmaster® HD 500 1417 - photo is Copyright 2016 Jim Gallup - www.newmexicosoundman.com .png

On 4/28/2016 at 3:04 PM, Jim Gilchrist said:

"Nose plate stiffener" isn't a euphemism, so get your minds out of the gutter. It's a great idea and addresses one of the Kartmaster's main shortcomings. Good work, Jim.

Thank you, Jim.

On 4/29/2016 at 8:25 PM, Derek H said:

Really slick mods. I bolted quick fists to mine awhile back but not nearly as cool as yours!

Anyone manage to put bigger, better smart wheels on one of these? 

As much as I love this cart for its ability to shrink down to car trunk size it really sucks on anything but nice smooth floors.

I totally agree with you, Derek - Though 'heavy-duty' ... The 'shopping cart' * casters only work best in 'urban jungle' settings. Heck, even a gravel driveway has me muttering to myself.

(* To those who might be looking to replace just the actual 'caster wheel' itself - not the whole assembly - the wheel is available on some of the 'shopping cart' repair websites - As Remin will only sell you the entire 'assembly.' (stem, and caster)

And, no - even though I've entertained the thought of doing a mod / upgrade to an 'off-road' grade of smart wheels - the time and effort I felt it would require in the shop was quickly canceled-out with a purchase of a Rock n' Roller r12, when they first became available. Even as crappily built as the RR 12 is (comparitively speaking) I have not re-visited my HD 500 smart-caster-mod since. Oh well.

Here's me just being silly re: your "car trunk size" : (zoom zoom)

Remin Kartmaster® HD 500 zoom zoom trunk - photo is Copyright 2016 Jim Gallup - www.newmexicosoundman.com .png

And, in case anyone had concerns re: my D.I.Y / homemade 'Jockey Box' curb clearance?

Remin Kartmaster® HD 500 curb clearance - photo is Copyright 2016 Jim Gallup - www.newmexicosoundman.com .png