Zoom F8 extended knobs

1 hour ago, Malcolm Davies Amps CAS said:

I'm convinced I have seen a photo of some 3D printed Zoom F8 extended knobs and some holders for time code units this week but can't find them. Anyone else see them?

And this is must be the holder/handle I think you are referring to 

http://www.mirrorimageprd.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

On 5/15/2016 at 1:57 PM, Malcolm Davies Amps CAS said:

I had similar thoughts Daniel until I saw the quality that Eric was turning out in Spain. His work is outstanding and IMHO it's not worth the hassle of trying to find anyone in the UK.

Agreed, that's why I ask if EFK licensed his designs so I could get a 3D print shop here to do the mundane bit and also save on the shipping (and carbon footprint :-). Btw I was asking around in the UK before I knew about EFK's brilliant work (or even gotham's). I think the 3D printing thing is very interesting, not least because some seem so unconvinced about its current potential. Eg. I know an acclaimed bicycle designer who panned 3D printing for being too slow for industrial production and another who says it's not strong enough yet Charge cycles have been 3D printing dropouts for their bikes for a while, the medical sector are printing structural implants and the structural part of my Cinela Leonard looks very much like it was 3D printed so I don't really understand peoples reluctance. Aside from making parts for custom cable connectors, I think something like Simon's dashboards could be printed (and easily modified for different configurations) and I'd really like to see someone doing jewellery designed to conceal cos-11 or DPA capsules - wardrobe and stylists could choose what cast will wear from a catalogue, we order the items to spec, no one goes out of business producing large multiples of a design no-one uses or charges an unfeasible amount for traditionally produced, custom, fast turn round items. Perhaps the main issue is the DRM of designs, Ie. is there a way of encrypting a design so it can't be pirated?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 15 May 2016 at 10:57 PM, Malcolm Davies Amps CAS said:

I had similar thoughts Daniel until I saw the quality that Eric was turning out in Spain. His work is outstanding and IMHO it's not worth the hassle of trying to find anyone in the UK.

I second that, great knobs that fit snugly, quality of workmanship good and they arrived hassle free and with alacrity in Australia from Spain!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I want to do what Kishore did. I've sent him a PM, but I did not get a response. I tried pulling a knob off, but after pulling pretty strongly I stopped. I contacted Zoom and they said the knobs are not designed to be removed, but can be removed by pulling aggressively. The reason for going this way is that all the options I've seen for sale are overlays that are wider and cover up the dots on the faceplate. I know I don't need the dots, but space is at a premium for accessing the switches.  I don't want replacement knobs taking up any more room than they already do. Also, I like the style of these knobs.

Has anyone pulled off the knobs? Advice?