New York re-located! (from Atlanta)

maaikesnoep

Good Morning, handsome Sound Sorcerers,

I hope this day finds you well.

After re-organizing my gear, buffed all my cables, polished my utility belt, cue-tipped all fine mechanics, read every book and manual, I’m reaeaeaeally ready to get back to work!

I moved from Atlanta (Work-Mecca) to NY to be close to my loved one and although I’m on the available list at the Local 52, I think I have to spread the word a little more: I’m a smart & hard-working female, who worked non-stop for big production studios, to do Production Sound on shows like A Walk In the Woods, (we won an Emmy award for the) tv-movie Bessie, Let’s Be Cops, Bolden and several TV-series.

IMDB Maaike Snoep http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2295012/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

I love to work in a team with a professional attitude and not afraid to roll up my sleeves to deliver best quality production sound.

If actual production sound work is not available, I’m happy to clean stacks of Pelican cases, buff miles of cables, test tons of batteries, redo all your p-touch labels and get your coffee, all with a BIG smile on my face :D

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Very much appreciated. 

Maaike Snoep, (213)304-6793, In good standing union member, living in Brooklyn with car and gear. (willing to travel as far as it takes) Have a great day!

Thanks! Unfortunately my websites have been neglected, fortunately because of being busy with other things.

BTW every once in a while NY mixers get together for beers and shenanigans. Hopefully you can come to one of of them to meet some of the great folks in our community. Make sure you make your way to Pro Sound in Manhattan and Gotham Sound in LIC to meet the awesome peeps in both shops. And, if you're on Facebook, there's a New York Sound Mixers group I can add you to, where we post events and gatherings for NY and nearby sound mixers, talk about gear and the challenges of sound in NYC, among other things.

See you around!
J.

I have had the pleasure of getting to know Maaike (conveniently for sound people pronounced "Mike-uh") over the last 6 months or so. We met in Sunset Park Bklyn walking our dogs. We eventually realized we were in the same business. It didn't take long for me to realize Maaike is incredibly experienced in the dark art of hiding microphones on talent. I've been hiding mic's on people for over 25 years, and I'm always looking to get better. Last week we corralled a fellow dog walker (Thanx Bill - we owe you a coffee !) and spent over an hour in the dog park wiring him up and sharing mic hiding techniques with Sanken Cos 11's and Countryman B-6's.  I would not hesitate for a moment to hire her. She has exhibited to me a fluency in microphone choices, wireless Tx's / Rx's, and a thorough knowledge of set etiquette. She would clearly be an asset to any sound department.

Maybe one day she'll share with us the elaborate "backpack mic rig" she designed and constructed for Robert Redford and Nick Nolte as they walked the Appalachian Trail on the film "A Walk in the Woods".

I look forward to being able to hire her one day soon.

Cheers,

Sean O'Neil

Brooklyn NYC

Sean, you just put a gigantic big smile on my face.. And I'm blushing...lol. THAAAAAAAANK YOU for the incredible words! It's a lot of fun, geeking out  with ya in the dogpark!

Jose, Always good to hear people are busy with work! Congrats! Thank you for all the great advice. Already googled my way to Gotham already, thank you for the Pro Sound info!

And, if you don't mind, would love to be added to the facebook NY group: now that this weather is getting so marvelous: beers and shenanigans sound lovely!!!

www.facebook.com/maaikesnoep