Jump to content
Shastapete

Remote Audio MEON Hi-Q batteries

Recommended Posts

The Remote Audio Hi-Q batteries (OEM Inspired Energy) look to now be available from Trew Audio, and they actually beat the direct Inspired Energy price by a few dollars for the 98wh size. $160 vs. $163. Well done guys. They also have a single bay charger for $117, but details are scarce.

hiq-batteries.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's worth noting that Inspired Energy does give a price break with higher quantities, starting with 10 batteries.

That said, the MEON Hi-Q batteries are definitely very well priced.

The single battery charger also looks to be the same as the CH4040A from IE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jose Frias said:

It's worth noting that Inspired Energy does give a price break with higher quantities, starting with 10 batteries.

True, but for the work I do there are a very few number of situations where I'd need to buy 10+ batteries at once

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joinwooHK said:

i really like to know why this batteries are exactly the same with audio root one , even outfit

Inspired energy, a company in Florida, is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of all of this type of battery. Both Audioroot and remote audio purchase a large number of these batteries and with that comes the fancy label.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rado can explain in great detail the various differences among these batteries, available through Audio Root and others, and now through Remote Audio, but the simple answer is that the batteries are manufactured by Inspired Energy and then re-branded (and tweaked to some degree) by others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:40 PM, Jeff Wexler said:

Rado can explain in great detail the various differences among these batteries, available through Audio Root and others, and now through Remote Audio, but the simple answer is that the batteries are manufactured by Inspired Energy and then re-branded (and tweaked to some degree) by others.

Jeff is right.

All batteries are the same. Made in Florida by Inspired Energy.

I prefer buying directly from Inspired Energy because they built to order and I am sure I am getting a 100% new battery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am likely to try the remote audio ones because trew is walking distance for me and inspired is not. more satisfying to have a malfunction replaced immediately, in person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ao said:

I am likely to try the remote audio ones because trew is walking distance for me and inspired is not. more satisfying to have a malfunction replaced immediately, in person. 

well I walked the distance first with inspired energy and approached trew to sale the batteries through me. They said selling those batteries is a conflict with remote audio which later started selling the batteries.

I am a big boy. I understand how the world works. No hard feelings. At the end of the day people have hassle free access to these battered which was my main goal. Also I am happy trew is keeping the price good. In fact I just ordered 2 batteries from them because I have an emergency and can not wait 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2016 at 7:05 PM, Jose Frias said:

There's quite a few options for chargers. Here's a post I made about "smart batteries" some time ago:

http://mixeli.us/technology/power/smart-battery-shopping-guide/

I list all the available batteries and chargers there.

So thorough thank you! I guess there's no standar TA4 cup yet. It would also be cool if they made an IDX to IE adapter cable or slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BAB414 said:

So thorough thank you! I guess there's no standar TA4 cup yet. It would also be cool if they made an IDX to IE adapter cable or slot.

No problem! I believe Remote Audio does have a TA4 cup, but can't find a link to it anywhere. You can probably wire one out yourself, using the standard DC wiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

Remote audio cup is garbage. Audioroot is the only cup that will lock securely  to the battery. 

eHRS4RA-OUT

wiring

2016-06-11.png

The Remote Audio cup is the Inspired Energy's "non-locking" cup, wired to a TA4. I do agree that Audioroot's locking cup is much better.

If you want to make your own locking battery cup, you can buy the below cup from any Audioroot distributor and wire it yourself:
http://www.audioroot.fr/product/econ-out/

On a 4-pin connector like the Hirose or TA4, pin 1 goes to terminal A (-) and pin 4 goes to terminal E (+).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2016 at 2:40 AM, Jeff Wexler said:

Rado can explain in great detail the various differences among these batteries, available through Audio Root and others, and now through Remote Audio, but the simple answer is that the batteries are manufactured by Inspired Energy and then re-branded (and tweaked to some degree) by others.

Not quite, the RRC batteries are a slightly different design and (slightly lower) capacity to IE and work out cheaper in Europe (for the smaller form factor versions at least).  All of them seem to talk to each other, though- as far as I can tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard Thomas said:

Not quite, the RRC batteries are a slightly different design and (slightly lower) capacity to IE and work out cheaper in Europe (for the smaller form factor versions at least).  All of them seem to talk to each other, though- as far as I can tell

are the rrc made in the USA? If so they are inspired energy batteries. iE have lower Wh power batteries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RadoStefanov said:

I received conformation that rev 1.0 is older generation Cells. Rev 1.3 and 1.4 have the new Panasonic cells.

Remote audio is using older cells.

 

good to know, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RadoStefanov said:

I received conformation that rev 1.0 is older generation Cells. Rev 1.3 and 1.4 have the new Panasonic cells.

Remote audio is using older cells.

 

this above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2016 at 11:04 PM, RadoStefanov said:

are the rrc made in the USA? If so they are inspired energy batteries. iE have lower Wh power batteries

They're made in Germany (or at least the one I looked at was)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On June 11, 2016 at 11:23 AM, RadoStefanov said:

Remote audio cup is garbage...

 

Rado hasn't seen the Remote Audio cup yet, so it's actually his statement that is garbage, clearly motivated by an imagined sense of feeling slighted.

For typical use in the bag, the Inspired Energy cup comes off too easily, and the Audio Root cup is too difficult to disconnect, but those are what are currently available.

Remote Audio is developing a cup for these batteries that is more ideal for the way most sound people use them, and should be available in the not too distant future, but not yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×