"How Much Everyone Working On a $200 Million Movie Earns"

OmahaAudio

Interesting. I looked at all the numbers and most seem fairly accurate. What is mis-leading about all of it is that many of the amounts of money paid seem very high, not because it is a big budget movie but because big budget movies tend to have long schedules. So, the Production Accountant, for example, is going to make a lot of money because he or she will probably be employed for well over a year. The figure for most all of the people in post sound seem low.

I haven't viewed the youtube video to learn the specifics of the rates paid but I would comment that video assist on a $200-million picture is often quite a bit more complex than just setting up a monitor for the director.

For some insight into how complex this may be, I would direct people to the Summer 2014 edition of the 695 Quarterly featuring an article, by Todd Marks and Ben Betts with assistance from other members of their team, about handling video responsibilities for Anchorman 2

http://www.local695.com/Quarterly/6-3/

David

(Of course, for Anchorman 2 Todd Marks and Ben Betts did considerably more than just "video assist." But I thought it germane to observe that video for a movie, particularly a large project, can encompass a considerable range of responsibilities.)

I can tell you from my perspective the video post numbers look high, but not impossible. But (as Jeff notes) a lot depends on how many weeks they're employed on the production. If a colorist is working 10 hours a day for 3 months, a top LA/London guy might get $150K for the work (including X dollars paid to the facility).