5-pin Lemo to Lemo TC cable wiring

kosty

I would like to know how to correctly wire a 5-pin to 5-pin Lemo timecode cable with pins 3+4 for tuning of Ambient clocks. I recently ordered one from China but not all 5 pins were connected, so the seller offered to ship me another one if I can provide him a wiring diagram.

I have several Lemo to XLRm/f and BNC cables and know how to solder those but I'm unsure for the lemo to lemo cables.

In short I would like to know how the SD XL-LL coiled cable or Ambient TC IN/OUT cable is wired.

Am I right to assume that pin2 goes to pin5 and pin5 goes to pin2 for a bi-directional cable or do I need to make pin2 to pin2 and pin5 to pin5 connections ?

How about the ASCII and TUNE pins ? Pin3 to pin3 and pin4 to pin4 or would this be wrong ? I couldn't find a clear answer anywhere and I'm very thankful for you help !

edit: I found out that I need pin5 to pin2. Does the cable need to be bi-directional to function with an Ambient master controller to tune external lockits ? Otherwise I would opt for a uni-directional cable.

18 hours ago, Erik Loderstedt said:

Dosnt need to be bi-directonal, it'll be one way only, and yes pin 2 to 5 and reverse. I never solder tune and ascii just for TC.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Thanks ! To jam sync or connecting to cameras I usually use uni-directional lemo -> xlr/m -> xlr/f -> lemo or bnc cables. I was just wondering if the tuning process of the ambient crystals require bi-directional cables. 

I have ordered similar cables from a Chinese vendor user name "Alvin"  steer clear.  The so called Lemo connectors are not the real article, a Chinese knockoff, mine didn't even fit.  Plus the fact the wiring may or may not be correct.  Stay with a reliable company!!

8 hours ago, drpro said:

I have ordered similar cables from a Chinese vendor user name "Alvin"  steer clear.  The so called Lemo connectors are not the real article, a Chinese knockoff, mine didn't even fit.  Plus the fact the wiring may or may not be correct.  Stay with a reliable company!!

That's the seller I ordered mine from. I decided to resolder both connectors today and I know how to wire it correctly now.

In order to use the tune feature of the lockit master controllers (ACC 101 and ACC 501) with other lockits or Sound Devices recorders, you don't need any LTC connection. To tune the internal crystal of the master controller from an external lockit you only need ground (pin1) and tune (pin 4). To tune an external lockit from the controller you need ground (pin1), tune (pin4) and ASCII (pin3). Pin 3 goes to pin 3 and pin 4 to pin4 on the other connector.

Since the cable I bought only has 4 wires I additionaly wired pin5 (ltc out) to pin2 (ltc in) to use it as a uni-directional TC cable.

The quality of the connectors isn't that bad. The pull mechanism can be stuck if the inside assembly is not correctly inserted into the shell. You can try to reassemble your connector.